South: Essential Recipes and New Explorations
Shipping calculated at checkout.
From the Publisher:
Southern food is one of the most beloved and delicious cuisines in America. And who better to give us the key elements of Southern cuisine than Sean Brock, the award-winning chef and Southern-food crusader. In South, Brock shares his recipes for key components of the cuisine, from grits and fried chicken to collard greens and corn bread. Recipes can be mixed and matched to make a meal or eaten on their own. Taken together, they make up the essential elements of Southern cuisine, from fried green tomatoes to smoked baby back ribs and from tomato okra stew to biscuits. Regional differences are highlighted in recipes for shrimp and grits, corn bread, fried chicken, and more. Includes key Southern knowledge too: how to fry, how to care for cast iron, how to cook over a hearth, and more. This is the book fans of Sean Brock have been waiting for, and it's the book Southern-food lovers the world over will use as their bible.
- New York Times Bestseller and James Beard Award Finalist
- Named One of the Ten Best Cookbooks of 2019 by The New Yorker
- Named a Best Book of 2019 by Publishers Weekly
- Named the Best Cookbook of 2019 by Amazon
- Named a Best New Cookbook of Fall 2019 by the New York Times, Food ; Wine, Epicurious, Grub Street, Chowhound, Robb Report, and more
- "If Southern food is your comfort food and pantry cooking is the name of your game right now, this is an excellent book to order." Epicurious
- "I will keep this book forever in my collection because no one cooking today is doing more to help the Southern culinary flame burn brighter." New York Times