From the Publisher:
In Mooncakes ; Milk Bread, food blogger Kristina Cho (eatchofood.com) introduces readers to Chinese bakery cooking with fresh, uncomplicated interpretations of classic recipes for the modern baker.
Inside you'll find sweet and savory baked buns, steamed buns, Chinese breads, unique cookies, whimsical cakes, juicy dumplings, Chinese breakfast dishes, and drinks. Recipes for steamed BBQ pork buns, pineapple buns with a thick slice of butter, silky smooth milk tea, and chocolate Swiss rolls all make an appearance--because a book about Chinese bakeries wouldn't be complete without them!
Kristina teaches you to whip up these delicacies like a pro, including how to
- Knead dough without a stand mixer
- Avoid collapsed steamed buns
- Infuse creams and custards with aromatic tea flavors
- Mix the most workable dumpling dough
- Pleat dumplings like an Asian grandma
- This is the first book to exclusively focus on Chinese bakeries and cafes, but it isn't just for those nostalgic for Chinese bakeshop foods--it's for all home bakers who want exciting new recipes to add to their repertoires.
About the Author:
Kristina Cho is a Bay Area–based food blogger, recipe developer, and cooking instructor. She's originally from Cleveland, Ohio, where she grew up in her family's Chinese restaurant. Cooking and sharing culture through food were always a huge part of her life. Before becoming a food blogger, Kristina studied and worked in architecture and interior design. Architecture instilled in her a designer's attention to detail, a disciplined approach to iteration, and creative artistry. But between sketching and coordinating construction drawings, she spent all her time exploring new flavors, shopping for the freshest ingredients at her local farmers markets, and developing recipes for her blog, Eat Cho Food.
Today she has dedicated her professional career to making, teaching, writing about, and photographing her unique interpretations of Chinese foodeverything from noodle soups to dumplings and, of course, baked goods.
Release Date: October 2021