April 22, 2023 11:00 AM
1 Adult (Age 16 and up)
Class Length: 4 hours
Learn how to make comforting and delicious bread in your own home! For this class, we'll be skipping sourdoughs, long ferments, and other advanced techniques. Instead, we'll be focusing on the pure joy of plunging your hands into warm dough and turning it into a simply beautiful loaf of bread.
In this small class, you will learn:
- The importance of each ingredient in bread baking
- How to proof yeast (it's not nearly as intimidating as you may think!)
- How to mix and knead the dough by hand
- How to shape dough to make a variety of loaves
- How to give your loaves that perfect, crispy crust
This is a hands-on class. Participants will be able to take their creations home with them. Coffee, tea, and snacks will be provided.
Allergen information: Flour (wheat), eggs, Dairy (cow's milk, cow or goat cheese), peanuts, and tree nuts may be used during class and are used in our kitchen.
Important notes: Cooking classes are nonrefundable and nontransferable to another date. If you cannot attend a class after purchase you may gift your ticket to another person. Be sure to specify ahead of time if you have any additional dietary restrictions. All recipes for this class will be vegetarian.