Butter Lover's Brioche
Class Length: 3-4 hours
Distinguished by the addition of eggs and a copious amount of butter, brioche is a powerhouse in the European kitchen. Proper brioche is tender, fluffy, and rich and is easy and fun to make at home with a stand mixer and the proper technique.
In this small class, students will be divided into small teams to learn to make brioche in the home kitchen:
- The importance of each ingredient in making a soft, pillowy, rich brioche.
- How to proof yeast (it's less intimidating than you may think!)
- How to mix and knead (pétrissage) a brioche dough in all its buttery glory.
- How to shape brioche dough to make a variety of loaves and treats, including classic French loaves, spice buns, and a popular Italian snack.
- Learn about various mix-ins, fillings, and other delectable uses for brioche dough.
This is a hands-on class. Participants will be able to take their creations home with them. Coffee, tea, and snacks will be provided.
Allergen information: Flour (wheat), eggs, dairy (cow's milk, cow or goat cheese), peanuts, and tree nuts may be used during class and are used in our kitchen.
Important notes: Cooking classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend a class after purchase you may gift your ticket to another person or transfer the ticket to a future class. Be sure to specify ahead of time if you have any additional dietary restrictions. All recipes for this class will be vegetarian. Our cooking classes are not designed for children under the age of 16, thank you for your understanding. Prices listed are per person.